Today at a grad party, someone said to me, “What aren’t you good at?”
HA. BHAHAHA. Let me tell you something. There are LOTS of things I’m not good at. Would you like to know them?
- The internet, for one. Did you read my disgruntled blogger post recently? I’m learning but trust me, I’m astrugglin’. I may be struggling but ima keep on chugging like the little engine that could.
“I think I can…I think I can…”
- My laundry room looks like a volcano of laundry exploded all over it…and it looks like that 97% of the time. I hate folding laundry and it’s perpetually at the bottom of my to-do list.
- I have frames hanging in my house that have the model people that came in them still smiling back at us. My kids ask me what their names are and I make them up.
- If we can get really real, I’ve recently really been struggling with ANXIETY. Sometimes it gets so bad I feel like I could throw-up. I worry about the big things like my kids getting hurt or dying. And the small things like “Are they getting enough veggies?” Worrying is a sin, and it’s one I’m fighting with.
- I struggle with keeping things neat and orderly. I’ve come a far way, but holy clutter. Even in our smaller house, I can’t keep it all under control. You’re not invited to peek inside my closet. 😉
- I don’t always speaking in sweet-gentle-mother-teresa-like tones of voice with the people I love the most at all times of the month.
We’re gonna stop there today, because I don’t like to dwell on the negatives. But believe me, I’m quite human with many a thing I can’t do.
I say this all the time when I speak, “We’ve all been given different gifts and passions. Mine aren’t cleanliness and organization, but they are writing and being creative and stuff!
Our gifts are complex and knitted deep into who we are. They’re unique and beautiful. So keep doing your thang and let God use you despite your flaws!” That’s all I’m trying to do over here. Just a girl and her computer and her big ‘ol miracle family.
Have a great Memorial Day, and A HUGE THANK YOU to all who have served and fought for this country and our freedom.